Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A new sandwich

I just have to share my new sandwich idea with everyone, although I'm quite sure its not original. As a wife and mother, I have the nutritional health of my family in my hands and I take is very seriously. I am the one who does the food shopping and preparation for my family and because the are going to eat what I buy and prepare, I am always looking for new ways to prepare healthy, nutritious and balanced meals. Isabel is a really good and healthy eater and I sincerely hope that I have given her a decent start in life as far as her health is concerned. On that note, I "created" a sandwich yesterday that was REALLY delish! First, I made a homemade avocado spread, put that on 2 slices of 100% whole grain, whole wheat bread and topped it with 2 slices of fresh tomato and a few slices of fresh cucumber. Yummy!! It was very good and refreshing and healthy. I've listed the avocado spread recipe below. Try it and enjoy.

Easy Avocado Spread

3 ripe avocados (a super food), peeled and mashed with a fork
2 tbsp minced garlic (great for the body)
a handfull of grape tomatoes, quartered
4 tbsp tahini (very nutritious)
a dollop of sour cream
a dash of lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Just mix it all together and enjoy as a sandwich spread or as a dip with fresh veggies. We also ate it with organic blue tortilla chips. Its REALLY yummy and very healthy!

Enjoy!
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment