Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Update!

Zeke taking a ride!





Isabel playing dress up while mommy was cleaning out the closet.


Bubbles!!!!!!

Isabel and Mimi!

July 4th, on the way to a cookout with friends at the beach and fireworks.







Chillin at the lake with Poppy.

Cheeeeeese!

Ready for dinner after a long day on the water.

I love this pic . . . . . . "hmmmm, a new book!"

Reading with Poppy!

She LOVED the tube and screamed when we got off!

Its been a pretty busy summer so far . . . . . I can't believe we are almost to the end of July. We have had a lot of fun and are continuing to enjoy the beautiful blessing of summertime. While it is often waaaaay too hot down here in the South, nothing is better than a summertime cook-out with family and friends! And we have had several . . . . . .so much fun!!

A few quick updates . . . . . . . Adrianna had her surgery on Monday to remove her tumor and so far, she is doing okay. She was to be in a medically-induced coma for 3 days because of the pain and then hopefully she'll start the road to recovery which will include more radiation and treatment. I continue to pray for healing for precious Adrianna. Along those lines, mom and I attended a benefit auction for Adrianna in Franklinton, LA last Friday. We went in support of my friend Kristi (our pastor's wife who organized the whole event) and though we were interested in seeing the many items to be auctioned we had no plans of making any major purchases. Well, can I just say that my mom, of all people, bid on and purchased a 14 week old maltese puppy that she has named Zeke!! He is the cutest, sweetest little thing. She has wanted one since we bought our first one in 2003 and I guess the timing was right! Soooo, not only did we leave the auction with an adorable little puppy but my mom also made a pretty decent contribution to the "Angels for Adrianna" fund! It was a good night!! ;0)

On another note, Scott, Isabel and I are flying to Chicago next month to visit with Scott's brother. While we are very excited about the trip, I am getting a little anxious and nervous. To be honest, I have never loved flying and now I am getting on a plane with my adorable little, strong-willed 20 month old. Oh Lord, please help us all!! Any suggestions on making the trip go as smoothly as possible?? Sheeeesh!

And about Isabel, what is she up to these days?? Well, she will be 20 months old on the 27th and she is quite the firecracker! She LOVES to say "stop" and I am trying to put a STOP to that. She has amazingly figured out how to unlock and work Toto and Lance's Iphones . . . . . . how can she do that? She is a little fish when we swim and likes to jump in and go under water, whoa! She LOVES for her daddy to put her to sleep at night. She eats TONS of cottage cheese and that is the best way to hide stuff that she doesn't like, not that there is much that she won't eat. She has taken to sleeping with mommy and daddy which doesn't bother either of us but we both know that its a bad habit. What to do?? She would live outdoors if we would allow it and she loves to swing. Her daddy bought her a baby stroller for her dolls and she told him all day that day, "tank you daddy, stroller." How sweet is that?? She adores her baby dolls and takes very good care of them and is quick to let me know to "shhhh" when they are napping. Oh, I could go on forever . . . . . Oh yeah, one last thing, she really likes to read Bible stories from her Bible story Bible and she loves to dance! I love that little girl!

I've included a variety of pics from different events . . . . . . Enjoy!!

Later,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment