Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day!








I hope all of you mommies out there had a wonderful Mother's Day! I did!

We traveled to Augusta, GA to spend the weekend with my parents and it was a lot of fun. We shopped, ate, swam, walked the river walk, ate some more and shopped some more.

Sunday was beautiful and though it started off kind of hectic (I woke up late), it was really a great day. I managed to shower and dress for church in 30 minutes, yes, 30 minutes and mom and I made it to Sunday School just in time. Okay, so we were a few minutes late but they were still going over the announcements. She really wanted me to go with her so that I could meet her ladies' class and I'm glad I went, they all seemed really great. Dad and Scott met us for church after SS with Isabel and we attempted to all attend service together BUT, having a 17 month old in church isn't always easy. So, mom and I left with Isabel, took some pics and got lunch on the table while dad and Scott enjoyed the service.

After Isabel was down for her nap, mom and I headed to Macy's to use the gift card that Isabel (mom) got me for Mother's Day and then we stopped by TJ Maxx, just to see what specials buys they had and I got a great dress for $16 . . . . . isn't that awesome?! Yeah, I was excited too!

The drive to and from Augusta is always long (8 hours with a 17 month old) but Isabel did remarkably well, especially considering that she slept very little during the ride. She was very glad to get back home and that was fun to watch!!

Thanks so much to Candice for watching my house and playing with my dogs while we were gone, what would we do without great friends?!

I have to say that I feel so incredibly blessed to be Isabel's mommy and even more blessed to have a wonderful, supporting, loving and compassionate husband by my side. He is a great spiritual leader for our home and I'm so thankful that Isabel has him to look up to because he sets a great example for both of us. He is amazing and so full of wisdom and discernment and I am so thankful that God brought us together and has made us the parents of our precious baby girl. We both cherish the responsibility that we have of raising Isabel and teaching her about the love of Chirst. One of my prayers for Isabel is that Chirst will ALWAYS be her very first love!

God bless and have a fabulous week!
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment