Friday, May 22, 2009

Those dreaded words!

Can you tell that she loved her sausage biscuit? . . . . . . a Saturday morning treat!









So very unhappy about having to get off of daddy's bike!



Well, she did it! I went to pick Isabel up from "school" yesterday and what did the teacher tell me? Yes, she bit a child. Apparently they were fighting over a book and Isabel decided to get what she wanted, one way or another. Needless to say, I was devastated. She's not even there very long . . . . . can't they just all get along? And I know, its not really that big of a deal and no blood was shed but when you start to see the true sin nature coming out of your precious little girl, its just a little heart-breaking. I mean, we try so hard to protect our children and to teach them to love and respect all people and then they go off and bite their friend because they aren't getting what they want. Oh geeez, the joys and trials and ups and downs of parenting. I did make sure that Isabel's teacher made her apologize when the incident occured and before we left, Isabel apologized to her teacher and told her that she loved her. Now, how do I teach Isabel to really love people and to have a heart of compassion?
Aside from that, its been a pretty good week. We took Isabel out for her first bike ride and she loved it. You'll notice from the pics that she was not very happy about having to get off. She would have ridden for hours I believe!
We are looking very forward to a calm and relaxing weekend at home and I hope we have some great weather for this Memorial holiday.

I've also included a few pics from our visit to Scott's mom's in New Orleans last weekend. We had a fun time and Nan was excited to visit with Isabel while daddy made a few house repairs.


Have a great weekend and a fabulous Memorial Day!
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment