Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hello again!

Well, its been a while since my last post but we are very much alive and well here in the Sullivan home!!

Since my last post I have done something that I've dreamed about since I was a little girl . . . . I resigned from my part-time job outside of the home so that I can be at home with my precious Isabel full-time. Yes, we did it!! We made that big jump and we are soooo very happy with our decision and I absolutely LOVE being with Isabel every minute of every day. Okay, maybe not EVERY minute, but you get what I'm saying.

So, as of today, this is my 3rd week at home with Isabel and let me just say . . . . life is still hectic! We are having a lot of fun but its definitely not a "life of leisure" as some may think. Granted, we are absolutely blessed to have the opportunity for me to be at home and I wouldn't trade it for the world but it really does seem like I am busier now than I was before. Part of that is because we were so excited about me being at home that we packed that first week full of activities with friends and family. My second week at home was spent teaching Isabel's VBS class at our church. That was a lot of fun, a huge blessing and very exhausting. And this week, well, its been a little more low-key but I've been trying the get the house clean and the laundry caught up from being busy my first 2 weeks off! Wow!

Again, we are so very fortunate and thankful for the life that God has given us, both in the "life" that we live and the precious that we have the responsibility of caring for . . . . Isabel!

And about Isabel, I must share her news for this week. As part of staying home and making sure that God receives the glory for the time that I am allowed to spend with Isabel each day, part of our daily routine is to spend a few moments in Bible study and prayer together each day. And for those of you who are wondering, it is an age appropriate study, sometimes just being a book that we read about God. On Monday, we were reading her book "Tell Me About God" and as I finished I heard her mumbling. I asked, "Isabel, what are you saying?". To which she replied, "mommy, God has a plan for me". Okay, wow! To hear those words from my precious 2 year old daughter's mouth was such a gift from God. Granted, I'm sure she doesn't fully grasp the words that she is saying but isn't it exciting to know that she is learning?? And from this, Scott and I are taking the advice that our pastor offered in one of his sermons and we have begun asking her, "Isabel, what do you think God wants you to be when you grow up?". Do you see the difference in that question and the "usual" question that adults ask children which is, "what do you want to be when you grow up?"? You see, by starting out early and asking what God wants them to be, we are teaching them that yes, God DOES have a plan for them!! Its just so amazing to watch our children grow, learn and discover, especially when they begin to discover that they are God's children, created by Him and for Him and that they have a purpose!!

Thank you God for my precious baby girl and for my incredible husband who works so very hard for our family so that I can stay at home and teach my Isabel about you!! Thank you for our life . . . . oh how I love you Lord!

More to come and maybe some pics too! Hopefully I will be more faithful to my blog now that I am at home but I'm still in the process of working out our new daily routine!

See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment