Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Busy Times!






It was a busy weekend but very productive. I'm a list maker and I just LOVE marking things off of my list. It was a great weekend for marking off!!

We started the weekend on Friday by having dinner with some dear friends and their 3 year old daughter. She and Isabel are big pals and we had a great time eating some delicious Mexican food and watching the girls play.

Saturday started with a bridal shower at church that I helped host then it was on to "the list". I have been really wanting to plant some greenery on one side of our house, a side that is rarely seen by anyone and my husband loves to remind me of that. Well, we finally purchased and planted some great plants and they look very nice. That was after we pressure washed the house and mowed the yard. Actually, Scott did the mowing while I pulled weeds, weeds and more weeds!! And then we cleaned the deck. All of this took place during Isabel's 3 hour nap! Wow! And I was able to get the inside cleaned and the laundry caught up! I told you it was a productive weekend. We even found time to go to the park and have a McDonald's picnic and that was a special treat . . . . Isabel doesn't get fries very often.

Our church services were great on Sunday and we were able to rest and nap after lunch . . . how nice!

Monday was Isabel's 15 month check up and the dreaded shot. She did very well and the doctor is pleased with her progress. She now weighs 25 pounds and 8 ounces and is quite the little talker. She is going through a little phase right now of waking up around 5 am and "screaming" for mommy and daddy. And by screaming, I mean, SCREAMING, not the kind of crying that you can ignore thinking that she'll go back to sleep. She screams for us and so we get her up and put her in the bed with us. I know, I know, but hopefully its just a phase and not something that will become a habit. Although it is pretty nice to cuddle with her in the early morning hours. She'll wrap her little arms around my neck and say "mommy" until she falls asleep . . . . precious times!! So while I know it may become a problem in the future, I sure am loving the cuddle time with my little squirt.

Oh, I hear the little darling now, she's up from her nap and calling me!

Until next time,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment