Thursday, March 19, 2009

Wow, how time flies!!












I can't believe it is already Thursday, the 19th of March . . . . . wow! And my little girl is almost 16 months old. It seems like just yesterday we were anxiously waiting to get through our first trimester so that we could share the news with friends and family that we were expecting. As cliche as it may be, time really does fly. And what fun it has been!! Isabel is such a blessing to her daddy and I and the rest of our families . . . . . what did we ever do before her? Its hard to rememeber what our lives were like before she came.
I must admit that I daily struggle with trusting God to protect and bless Isabel. While I know it in my heart, I too often allow thoughts to get into my head that cause me to doubt. There are so many families out there that are struggling with sick and dying children and I am so afraid that we will be one of those families. I don't understand why we have been allowed to have a happy and healthy little girl. I pray daily that God will protect Isabel and that He would heal her and keep her strong and healthy because I really do feel that she will have a ministry one day, that she will have a desire in her heart to share the love of Christ will people around the world. It is my prayer that Isabel grows up to have a heart of compassion for the lost and conviction to go and share. While this is my prayer, I know that she must see and learn about the God that we serve, here in our own home. I am constantly aware that the example that I set for Isabel will mold and make her into the woman that she will be one day and that is a huge responsibilty, one that I can't handle on my own. It is only with God's strength that I can be the mommy that He desires for me to be. I pray that Scott and I are found faithful in the way the raise and teach Isabel!
On another note, I've attached some pictures of Isabel. We spent Saturday visting Nan (Scott's mom) in New Orleans. You'll notice the hat in one of the pics, Nan bought it for Isabel for Easter and its too cute!! The blue dress is one that Mimi (my mom) made for Isabel and Sunday was her first day to wear it. The artwork in the pic is Isabel's very first! She made it at church Wednesday night and we have proudly displayed it on our refrigerator . . . . how sweet.

My brother and his wife found out on Tuesday that they are expecting!! How exciting!! Isabel is going to have a baby cousin!! We are all very thrilled and we are praying that God allows this little one to grow and flourish in her mommy's belly and that he or she will arrive healthy and screaming. I guess we should start preparing Isabel, somehow, for the arrival of the new baby because I'm afraid she is going to be quite upset to see Mimi, Papa, "Ance" and "Toto" holding another little one . . . . . . we'll see!!

Also, please pray for Adrianna. She is a precious 2 year old who was diagnosed, last week, with Stage 4 neuroblastoma and has started chemo this week in hopes of shrinking the tumor to an operable size. We are praying for this little girl and her dear family! She is currently at Children's Hospital in New Orleans.

That's about it for now! Oh, besides Elevate Weekend that is happening at church this weekend for the students . . . . . it will be lots of fun. Brad Fogarty is the speaker and Beggartown will be leading in worship . . . . . I can't wait!!

Later,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment